Give me all the unicorns. All of them. Who says unicorn foods have to be elaborate? If you have the ingredients for lemonade, food coloring, and fun straws, you have everything you need for this DIY. Recently inspired by the unicorn frappachino, I wanted to make something with more summer flair. Let’s face it, frappuccinos are a bit heavy in the summer.
We’re going to start off by making some really pretty glitter ice cubes. We’re getting fancy already and the recipe just began.
Makes: 4 servings
- One cup of sugar
- One cup of lemon juice
- Five cups of water
- Five hours before you are serving your lemonade, boil water and pour into ice cube trays. Top with gold edible glitter.
- In a medium saucepan, boil two and a half cups of water with three quarter cup of sugar until dissolved. Add in a half cup of lemon juice. In your second saucepan, boil two and a half cups of water with a quarter cup of sugar. Add in a half cup of lemon juice.
- Add five drops of purple food coloring to the first saucepan and five drops of pink food coloring to the second saucepan. The density of the sugar water is what causes the layers, so follow the instructions carefully.
- Allow to cool.
- Fill a glass with glitter ice cubes, slowly pour the purple lemonade half way. Then pour the pink lemonade on top.
- Top with colorful candy. Sip, sip, sip.
What other Unicorn DIY's do you want to see? We've got some fun funnel cakes planned. And don't forget about our sweet unicorn candles you can make here.